2015 CSCMP NJ GRANT APPLICATION
The New Jersey Roundtable of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) is offering a competitive grant award to participate in the 2015 CSCMP Annual Convention in San Diego, CA from September 25th to September 30th as a “Student Assistant”:
- Convention Grant: One (1) individual grant covering travel costs to the convention city, hotel accommodations, meals, as well as the costs of attending the CSCMP Global Conference in September 2015 will be awarded. For the conference grant, students are required to spend 50% of their time working with CSCMP staff at the conference. For the other 50%, they can attend sessions of their choice, network with attendees, set up job opportunity appointments, and experience the conference as if a fully paid registrant. For conference details, please visit cscmp.org.
The purpose of the programs is to further the Council’s educational goals and to enhance interest in the supply chain management / logistics profession.
Student Assistant Benefits:
- Experience of a lifetime!
- Connect with peers around the globe
- Attend conference sessions
- Participate in CSCMP’s 2015 Student Recruitment Day
- Participate in CSCMP’s 2015 Global Student Challenge
- Interact with seasoned supply chain management professionals
- Get to know CSCMP Staff
- The grant program is open to Full-Time Undergraduate or Full-Time MBA students, who are currently enrolled at an accredited two or four-year college or university located in the State of New Jersey, pursuing a degree in supply chain management, and will continue to be enrolled as a student in the fall of 2015
- Student must be a student member of CSCMP to be eligible for award. To apply for a student membership, please visit www.cscmp.org and click membership.
The grant will be awarded based on academic record, personal achievement and essay quality. Brief essay will be judged on the elements of content, creativity, and presentation. Each applicant will be given fair and careful consideration. The recipient will be selected without regard to race, color, sex, religion or national origin. We plan to announce the winning entry in June 2015, and all applicants will be notified. The decision of the New Jersey Roundtable Award Selection Committee is final.
Please prepare the following and email to CSCMP NJ Roundtable by April 28, 2015:
- A completed application (see here)
- A one page resume indicating work and academic credentials
- A letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- A 2-3 page essay. Please explain why you are interested in attending the conference, and what you would like to get from volunteering for our annual convention
- A 1 page or less essay that summarizes what you feel are the key issues facing the supply chain industry
There are no exceptions to the application deadline.
Please email all application materials to William McLaury, email@example.com For questions, please contact him at this email address.