2014 CSCMP NJ SCHOLARSHIP & GRANT APPLICATION
The New Jersey Roundtable of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP) has two competitive scholarship competitive award programs:
- Academic Scholarship: Several individual scholarship awards will be made in amounts ranging from $250 to $1,000.
- Convention Grant: Individual grant covering travel costs to the convention city, along with the costs of attending the CSCMP Global Conference in October. For the conference grant, students are required to spend 50% of their time working with CSCMP staff at the conference. For the other 50%, they can attend sessions of their choice, network with attendees, set up job opportunity appointments, and experience the conference as if a fully paid registrant. For conference details, please visit http://cscmpconference.org.
Students can apply for both the academic scholarship and a convention grant through a single application.
The purpose of the programs is to further the Council’s educational goals and to enhance interest in the supply chain management / logistics profession.
- The scholarship and grant programs are open to undergraduate and graduate students who are currently enrolled at an accredited two or four-year college or university located in the State of New Jersey and will continue to be enrolled as a student in the fall of 2014.
- Student must be a student member of CSCMP to be eligible for award. To apply for a student membership, please visit www.cscmp.org and click membership.
Both scholarship and grant will be awarded based on academic record, personal achievement and essay quality. Brief essay will be judged on the elements of content, creativity, and presentation. Each applicant will be given fair and careful consideration. The recipients will be selected without regard to race, color, sex, religion or national origin. We plan to announce the winning entries in June 2014, and all applicants will be notified. The decision of the New Jersey Roundtable Award Selection Committee is final. The presentation of the scholarships will be made at the first fall meeting in 2014.
Please prepare the following and email to CSCMP NJ Roundtable by April 11, 2014:
- Completed application (found here)
- One page resume indicating work and academic credentials
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- 2-3 page essay (separate essays are required for scholarship and convention grant applications):
- For the Scholarship Grant, please describe what inspired you to choose supply chain as your major and how you would like to contribute to this profession
- For the Convention Grant, please explain why you are interested in attending the conference, and what you would like to get out of from volunteering for our annual convention.
- Essay not to exceed one page that summarizes what you feel are the key issues facing the supply chain industry.
CSCMP Board members will interview the finalists for the Conference and top scholarship awards. There are no exceptions to the application deadline.
Please email all application materials and questions to Don Klock, email@example.com.